Seiten

26. Mai 2013

Asian Noodle Salad Bowl



 
I really have a thing for bowls. To be honest, I almost eat all my meals out of a deep bowl. They feel special to me, and I always have the urge to buy any pretty bowl I lay my eyes on. Since I do not live in a house with 200 billion rooms where I have enough room for my bowl and tableware addiction, most pretty bowls I pass have to stay where they are. At the shop.
So sad. I just hope that some day, some day I will have the house and the money to buy them all! And by all, I mean ALL! Understand me?
Oh, did I just tell you that I am kind of a tableware shopping addict? Please, forget that.
Let’s get back to todays dish. Ehem.

As much as I love bowls, the food I eat out of them is even dearer to my heart. Especially Asian meals are a bowl-lovers dream. Stir-fries, curries, miso soup. Ok, sushi may be an exception. No, wait. Maybe not if you shovel a ton of wasabi onto your platter and drench your rolls in soy sauce. Then you should probably consider to just use a sushi-bowl instead. Is therea thing  like that in the market actually? Please tell me if there is, so I can go get one!

    
                       
 The recipe:
The salad I made, combines a few of my favorite Asian ingredients: Cilantro, rice noodles, tamari, thai chili and ginger. Peanut butter is not really Asian (or is it?) but it goes so well with the rest of the ingredients! And everything just tastes better with peanut butter anyways.
The salad is quite lovely and a great alternative to your regular noodle bowls, especially during summer.
Get your chop sticks ready my friends and dig in!


Asian Noodle Salad Bowl

Ingredient
(Serves 2-3)

Dressing (double if you want more!):

3 Tbsp Agave nectar or apple syrupe
3 Tbsp smooth peanut butter
8 Tbsp tamari (mine had 25% less salt)
4 Tbsp grated fresh ginger
2-3 (depending on how hot you like it) dried bird’s eye chilis, crushed
3-4 Tbsp water

Add all ingrendients except the water to a glass jar and shake, shake, shake! Then add the water and shake again. Done.

Salad ingredients:
1 red pepper, finely chopped
2 medium carrots, juilienned
250g green beans
6 spring onions, thinly sliced

125g dry rice noodles
1 Tbsp sesame oil

Bunch of cilantro
2 sprigs of mint, leaves chopped
6 sprigs of parsly, leaves chopped
1 lime, cut into wedges
1 thai chili, sliced

Blanche beans in salt water for about 5 minutes or until bright green and still a little crunchy. Rinse under cold water to stop the cooking process and set aside.

Chop your veggies and add to the beans. Stir to mix.

Cook the rice noodles according to the packaging direction. Then rinse under cold water and mix with Tbsp sesame oil.

Now arrange your meal: Add half or 1/3 of the noodles to a deep bowl and add about 1 Tbsp of the dressing.



Then add your desired amount of  veggies and drizzle with more dressing. Serve with a lot of fresh herbs,  lime juice, chili slices and additional tamari.




Dig in!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen