Seiten

20. Mai 2013

Minted Coconut and Pea Soup



How come I made a pea soup, you’d ask. I don't even like peas that much. Well, I don’t know. Maybe I have read some kind of recipe somewhere that inspired me in a way? A salad recipe with peas and mint? Somewhere within the realms of the infinite WWW. Episodic memory and holy frontal lobe please help me!
But, whoever brought the ideaof a minted pea soup to my mind, it must have been a messanger of good taste.
Coconut, mint and the sweetness of the peas makes a tasty dish, I can tell ya!
And oh, this soup comes together in like, ten seconds?! Ok, maybe not 10 seconds, but 10 minutes. Not too bad, heh? That’s the convenience when using frozen peas.
Perfect for a quick summer lunch on the porch.
If you do not feel like hot soup is what you want on a hot summer day, don't hesitate to eat it chilled. It is tasty. Kind of like a pea cazpacho. But creamy and coconutty. Don't say no before you've tried it!




Minted Coconut and Pea Soup


Ingredients:
(Serves 4)

1 shallot, minced
1 tsp coconut oil
4 cup frozen sweet peas
1 1/2 cups (375 ml) vegetable broth
1 can (400ml) coconut milk
1 small handful mint leaves
Pepper and salt to taste

In a small pot heat coconut oil. Add shallot and cook until translucent. Add frozen peas, vegetable broth, coconut milk and mint leaves. Bring to a boil and cook for about 5 minutes.  Using a hand mixer or blender purée until smooth.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.

Ps.: I served the soup with my Pineapple Spelt Salad.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen