Seiten

27. Juni 2013

Oven Roasted Potato Salad with Herb Dressing


               

I am a lover of “oven-roasted-everything”.
You know, there isn’t any other way to prepare your food that is more convenient and brings out more delicious things than your oven. Pop in a sheet of sliced vegetables, slightly brushed with olive oil and sprinkled with salt and pepper and you’ve prepared yourself a fantastic meal that will be ready to eat within the next 30 minutes. Or let’s talk oven roastes pumkin or sweet potatoes. They tend to caramelize slightly and come out even more pretty and especially tastier than you’d ever have imagined!
In Germany we mostly eat “normal”, yellow potatoes. That’s what I grew up with and I must say that I still kind of prefer them to their orange counterparts (Although I know that sweet potatoes and potatoes aren’t related ,their names are kind of misleading!).
Wheneverof  I crave potatoes, I usually cut them into sticks or cubes and prepare them in the above mentioned manner. So, so convenient since all I have to do is season them with a littly salt and pepper and a drizzle of oil. Swoon!
When they have browned nicely and have become slightly crunchy, I either shuffle them onto a plate or just eat them straight from the baking sheet. Why bothering with dirting additional dishes? That’s after I squeezed half a bottle of tomato ketchup on a plate for dipping. Ehem…I know. Ketchup is my “bad” eating habit but I can’t help it…I am in love with that vicious stuff.

This time around, I did resisted the urge to drench the potatoes any kind of sugary sauce but coated them with a herbed dressing, instead. Potatoe salad style.
And it was delicious. I ate the whole batch on my own in one day. That’s enough said.

                       


Oven-Roasted Potato Salad with Herb Dressing

Ingredients:
(Serves 2-3)

1 kg potatoes
1 Tbsp olive oil
1/3 tsp salt
Pepper to taste

Herb Dressing:
6 Tbsp lemon juice
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/3 tsp salt
Pepper to taste
1 tsp mustard
3 Tbsp minced basil
2 Tbsp minced chive
2 sprigs of thyme, leaves removed
16 minced mint leaves

Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
Peel and wash the potatoes and cut into cubes. Season with salt and pepper and mix with the olive oil. Spread potatoes evenly on a lined baking sheet and bake at 200°C for 30 minutes or until potatoes are golden brown.
In a wide bowl mix dressing ingredients.
When the potatoes are done, let cool on the baking sheet for 15 minutes. Add into a bowl and drizzle with the desired amount of dressing. You’ll have plenty and you probably won’t need it all.
Leftovers store well in the fridge.
                           

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen